Over and over we have seen in the young people we share Take Five with, what we call Mental Wellbeing—a state of ease and happiness with the world and themselves, even amid the constant changes that are swirling about children today.
They breathe, they share, they look out for each other. They have this Brilliance about them that astounds us time and time again.
John, age 17, about Take Five
Whole Person Wellbeing
Many people feel remote from experiences of goodness. They struggle with anxiety, depression, poor sleep, panic attacks, and may indeed be under clinical care for these. Others live with the myriad tremors of acute or chronic traumas, all while balancing highly stressful home, family, and work situations.
To help bridge this gap between daily struggles and lasting mental wellbeing, Each Amazing Breath specialise in assisting students, teachers, and parents safely build internal capacity, capacity to realise their own innate strength, and create for themselves vitality and wellbeing.
Our work focusses on a wide range of interrelated skills, approaches, and techniques that facilitate awakening inner resources to support both resilience building and enhanced awareness of emotional and mental capacity. We tailor our programmes to meet real-world needs, in vital, trauma-smart ways, and to be accessible to every person.
These frequently asked questions may illuminate further:
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1) How would you characterize Each Amazing Breath's approach?
- We seek to help augment each person’s capacity, both innate and self-developed. We meet people where they are, and assist them with addressing their needs. As such, Each Amazing Breath can work successfully with a wide range of people, because their needs serve as the driving force on all EAB programmes.
- 2) How do you start your work with people?
- By seeing people as active agents in their own lives and not seeing them as limited, we maintain a fully non-clinical approach. There is nothing we set out to fix, and we work with what is at hand in terms of each person’s personal and relational capacity, and even in universal settings, we set out resilience-building steps of just the right size and duration that can be successfully undertaken.
- 3) How does EAB work with clinicians?
- Each Amazing Breath teams work in very complementary ways with therapists, clinicians, nurses, and other health care providers. We help clients build capacity to meet real world needs, including following through on clinical interventions around mental health or mental illness diagnoses. We are focused on cultivating awareness of wholeness and potential within each person, and using that as the seed for resilience and capacity building.
- 4) Is EAB's work suitable for people who are under clinical care, or early intervention?
- Yes, our work complements other early intervention clinical approaches and we work well with other providers and partners. Indeed we find that our focus on capacity building can enhance someone's ability to benefit from other interventions.
- 5) How can clinical providers collaborate with Each Amazing Breath? Would EAB be open to partner with a clinical organisation?
- Yes, we are certainly open to working in partnership with other organisations, and have collaborated with a number of targeted teams doing very intense work. Just drop us a line if you are interested.