Misterton Primary and Nursery School
Growing Stronger and More Resilient, in Nottinghamshire
The children at Misterton Primary and Nursery School share their stories, their brilliance, and their clarity.
- Read the newly published Misterton School Report from the 2017 school year.
- Watch and hear the students reflect about Take Five (and see many smiles)
- Watch a student describe feeling stronger every day
- Hear about Take Five helping keep attendance nearly perfect
- And, watch all the films and snapshots.
Misterton Schools began their whole school resilience building in autumn term 2016, and by November students were first experiencing Take Five.
Each Amazing Breath CIC commissioned film maker Jes Hill to document the impact of Take Five at Misterton Primary and Nursery School in late July 2017. Sunlight was hard to find, but Jes discovered that the Misterton school, and especially the children, were full of light, and Jes noted later that the whole school ‘shone’. The children and teachers were filmed on a rainy day at the end of the summer term, some eight months later.
The nine films take 11 minutes to watch, and Jes has done an amazing job to package the films so that they have a clear focus and any viewer can chose the area of their interest. If you have time, start w/ the children’s film. What the children have to say is revealing and important.